Informed Choice For Doulas
Gain practical doula skills that will promote a doula’s confidence in facilitating informed consent. This workshop will provide you with information to encouraging your clients to ask the right questions and how to be informed and respected by everyone in their birth.
You’ve probably heard of the principals of informed choice and understand its importance as it relates to birth. This workshop will deepen your understanding of:
- Informed Choice vs Informed Consent. What’s the difference?
- Prepping your clients in advance to make informed choice more likely
- How to work with primary providers to create a choice-supportive environment
- Practical tips for finding your voice to be an advocate and informed choice facilitator
- …and more!
Materials You Will Receive:
- PDF of slides from class
- A worksheet for evaluating clients’ discussions with their primary providers
- “Power Tools For Girls and Women” handout