Like birth, the unexpected or planned end of a pregnancy can greatly benefit from a gentle and informed approach. A nice extension to my birth practice with the same philosophy, I provide holistic support for both unexpected miscarriage or planned abortion.
- Preparatory herbal support for nourishing your body before an anticipated loss
- Herbal support for miscarriage or abortion after-care
- Support for understanding your mainstream and alternative options for miscarriages and abortions
- In-person support for comfort and reassurance during the miscarriage or abortion process
- Recovery herbal support for nourishing your body after an unexpected or planned loss
- Referrals to other resources in the community such as counselors, holistic health professionals, etc as needed
Fee for support:
- CURRENT BIRTH CLIENTS: current clients receive first-trimester miscarriage support at no cost (beyond cost of any herbal support provided). Please consider me on-call for this type of support anytime after you’ve hired me.
- NON-CLIENTS: $65 for an initial consultation and provision of nourishing herbal support for your body. In-person support for home loss is $25/hour (minimum $125) up to a maximum of $300.
Helpful Readings From Birth Takes A Village:
- Miscarriage & Stillbirth Resources – prepared by a group of our Wise Women Way of Birth Students
- HealthLink BC Miscarriage Resources
- Holistic Healing After Miscarriage E-Book
- Holistic Healing After Abortion E-Book
- Mollyduttonkenny.com – scroll down to sections on abortion, miscarriage and stillbirth
Local Vancouver, BC Resources:
- Healing Grieving Through Art: a group for pregnancy and infant loss
- In Our Hearts: support group for pregnancy loss and stillbirth
- Full Spectrum Doula Support through Birth Takes A Village