Luckily for me, Jessica came up with the idea of these workshops just around the time I was hired for my first birth ever! It really helped me navigate the doula world and be confident with my clients. I cannot recommend this workshop enough: it’s full of wisdom and inspiration! ~ Ana
- What is the real PURPOSE of your prenatal visits? Going beyond “getting to know your clients and what’s important to them”
- When and how to schedule prenatal visits for most effective impact
- How to change your structure when you are hired particularly early or late
- What to cover in each visit and WHY
- When and how to do a useful postpartum visit
- What TONE do you want to set in each and every interaction with your clients? Why is this important and how do you do it?
- What is your approach to prenatal visits? Passive, educational, or inspirational? Understand the impact these different approaches have and how to adjust your visits accordingly.
“In contrast to immature teachers who fill a 90-minute class with activities (and ignore targeted objectives), a transformational teacher treats those 90 minutes like a carefully crafted persuasive essay — with a clear purpose and unique sense of style, a memorable beginning and end, a logical sequence, important content, nimble transitions, and contagious passion.” ~ From English Book in Georgia
- A guideline for a course of services with your clients
- A handout of potential prenatal visit topics
- A template for working with your clients in their prenatal visits
- A copy of the class slides
- A whole lot of confidence and inspiration!
Time: June 6th, 2017 6:30-9:00pm