Vancouver Prenatal Class
Next Date: Currently Updating Class. Next Date TBA!
“Fathers and partners cannot be trained or educated enough to go to the hospital to be able to “protect” their partner/wife and baby” – Janel Mirendah
Father-friendly Vancouver prenatal class that:
- Dad can enjoy and benefit from – (really! we won’t put him to sleep!)
- Fits into your hectic schedule – Our prenatal class is a one-time, 2 hour workshop that works for even the busiest couples.
- Focuses on practical information – What you both really need to know to feel confident and prepared for birth. We leave out the physiology and jargon, and stick to basic, need-to-know info and tips.
- Is affordable! Vancouver prenatal classes can be pricey. Because we focus on only the practical side of labour and birth, our workshop is shorter and more affordable than other Vancouver prenatal class options.
This Vancouver prenatal class focuses on getting dad to feel more involved, informed and confident as your primary birth support. It’s a great compliment to your standard prenatal class, or on its own for need-to-know childbirth preparation information.
Dads – Discover How To:
- Effectively help manage labour pain or discomfort, including use of powerful acupressure techniques
- Know which questions to ask your doctor or midwife when options are presented to you during birth
- Take care of a few simple tasks that will make a big difference to your partner in a hospital birth
- Recognize the difference between mom coping and mom struggling and how to get her back on track
- Apply Acupressure to specific points for stimulating contractions, relieving stress or anxiety, and more!
- Keep yourself calm and supportive while you watch mom cope with the physical intensity of labour
- Know What NOT to do! Avoid a few things that may be tempting to do, but are never helpful to a woman in labour
Leave prenatal class with simple, specific tasks and hands-on techniques to help mom enjoy the best birth possible.
Moms – Feel Confident That:
- Your partner will provide you with valuable birth support to help you through labour and birth
- Your needs will be met and your voice heard during labour and birth
- Dad will know what to do if you are struggling with the physical or emotional intensity of birth
- Dad can ask the right questions of your care provider so you can listen to the answers and make an informed decision.
Both of you will leave feeling confident, informed and prepared for coping with the intensity of childbirth.
Whether you are planning to give birth at home or in the hospital, our Vancouver Prenatal Class provides you with the information and tools you need to have a positive and supported birth experience.
What past students have said about this Vancouver Prenatal Class
“…thank you so much for the workshop last night. It was just what [we] were looking for. We both feel so much better about labour now. In case you couldn’t tell [my husband] is not in to anything too alternative and the concrete nature of the material was great for him. Thought he would complain all the way home about having to go but instead he kept talking about all he had learned.”
If you are looking for a Vancouver prenatal class, but do not have time for the standard prenatal class series, OR if you want an add-on course to get dad more involved, this workshop is for you! Two hours, practical, affordable, and need-to-know info on childbirth and labour.
Wednesday, May 23 7-9pm at watermatters: 2539 Laurel Street, near Vancouver General Hospital