Get Ready To Birth At Home
Be well prepared for your birth with Birth At Home Prenatal Classes.
View Schedule & Register
Set up in a fun and interactive format, the course encourages you get to know your fellow classmates while learning all you need to know to have a gentle and informed birth. You will gain confidence in your knowledge, body and ability to give birth in this educational and inspiring class. Partners / support people (if applicable) also love these classes and end up feeling so much more prepared to be an amazing support to the birth and postpartum period.
You will be learning the material from an experienced who primarily attends home births in her doula practice. Her first hand knowledge of home birth will ensure you gain relevant, practical insight into preparing to give birth at home. If you are also a birth client with us, this is a great way to get to know your doula better leading up to your birth!
While this is primarily a home-birth oriented class, we occasionally have students who are either on the fence between home and hospital birth, or who are planning to “stay home as long as possible” before going to the hospital. Please contact us for details if you are interested in this highly recommended natural childbirth class but are currently planning a hospital birth.
Classes are held once a week for 6 weeks on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9pm at 405 West 5th Avenue, and are based on the We Birth At Home curriculum.
Your registration includes a space for the birther and one support person (if applicable).
Check out the overview of our curriculum:
- Safety and Benefits of Home Birth
- Home Birth Supplies & Set Up
- Water Birth Supplies & Set Up
- Support For Birth: family, doulas, etc
- Nutrition in pregnancy
- Exercise in pregnancy
- Stretches for a healthy pregnancy & birth
- Fetal positioning and movement through the pelvis
- Intro to pain perception and mindset
- Recognizing the phases of birth
- Tips for birthers: mindset in each phase
- Tips for partners: how to help in each phase
- The first feed
- How to know your baby is getting enough milk
- Creating a successful breastfeeding relationship
- Physical comfort measures for birther and partners
- Understanding common interventions
- Reasons for transfer & having a smooth transfer experience in the unlikely event of this circumstance
- Keeping your birth power in hospital in case of change of plans
- Making informed, personal decisions
- Birth Plan Guide
- The first few weeks with a new baby
- Diapering and clothing for babies
- Bathing your newborn
- Babywearing intro
- Sleeping with your newborn
Your $$325 investment includes:
- Course participation for you and a partner
- Great cheat sheets for you as you prep for birth (supplies, prenatal nutrition, labour foods, pool set-up, etc, stretches, etc)
- Access to our students-only online Birth At Home resource pages
- Our favourite educational book: Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering, Sarah Buckley
- Our favourite educational new-baby book: The Baby Book, William Sears
**Clients booking my Holistic Birth Care package can register for this class for FREE. Use Coupon Code HOLISTICBIRTH when registering.
Save Your Spot!